Be prepared for anything. An HSA can help ensure you have the money you need to pay for medical expenses as they arise.
- Tax Savings*
- Earn Dividends While Saving
- No Setup or Maintenance Fees
- Withdraw Funds at Any Time
- HSA designed debit card for easy access to spending
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- An HSA can provide tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- No monthly maintenance fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- No minimum deposit to open
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
- Must be covered under a qualified, high deductible health plan
- Must not have coverage by another type of health plan
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return
- Cannot be enrolled in Medicare
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.